There’s a fair chance you’re interested in domain-level campaigns and the progression that gets characters there through sandbox play; from where I sit, this seems to be one of the hot topics in the old school renaissance right now. It’s maybe less likely that you’re reading The Mule Abides and don’t know about our Kickstarter for Adventurer Conqueror King, since it’s a horse I’ve been flogging for a while now.
What you might not know – especially since I buried the lede in my last post – is that this horse is about to cross the finish line when our Kickstarter ends later today.
You don’t have to support it now to eventually get the finished product. Thanks to our 227 backers we have 275% of the funding we’ll need to make Adventurer Conqueror King System available in game stores, through our website, etc. And after hitting our first bonus goal our first supplement, the Domains of War mass-combat system, will also be released soon through the usual routes. What you will miss out on if you don’t get in before the Kickstarter period ends is:
- the ability to watch successive drafts of the core system and the Domains of War grow from their current playable-and-fun state towards the loftiest aims we can set for them
- access to the developer’s forums where you can help shape the development of the game over the next few months and make sure its aims are the ones that matter to you
- downloads of the materials we’ve developed for the Gen Con demo, like the form-fillable character sheets, the Borderlands player’s maps, and the counters for mass combat, which you can use to start running your own playtests (doing so for four days non-stop is optional)
- (at the King of Kings donor reward level) one of the signed pre-release copies of the beta rules which, I humbly submit, already look better than a third of the finished books I see on the Gen Con exhibit floor & will only get better with illustration
- (at the Visionary reward level) the opportunity to tell project artist Ryan Browning what you want to see him illustrate; the piece above is an example, based on the player’s experience playing an assassin in Greg’s campaign
Everyone who backs us now also gets to be part of the excitement of helping us push for our final bonus goal: if we raise three times our original target, we’ll set up a game of Adventurer Conqueror King for each of our backers via Google+ hangout. We are currently $997 away from this bonus, with five hours remaining; as it so happens, there is one $1,000 Patron Deity reward left to be claimed…
Doing this Kickstarter has been a fantastic experience for me and the rest of the Autarch crew, and it’s all due to the fact that y’all have shared the experience. If you’ve been thinking about becoming part of it, now is the time.